The solemn marching dedicated to the 77th anniversary of the historic wartime military parade of Nov. 7, 1941 was held on Moscow’s Red Square.
The event was supported by the Combined Military Band of the Moscow garrison leaded by Colonel Timofey Mayakin, Head of the Military Music Band Service of the Russian Armed Forces — Chief Military Conductor.
The combined band included several participants of Moscow’s Military Bands in the Parks program featuring in particular the Band of the Combined Academy of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation Military Educational and Scientific Center of the Russian Ground Forces, Band of the Moscow Higher Combined Arms Command School and Band of the Military University of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.
Held in Moscow with the Nazis right on its threshold, the Nov. 7 parade was the first of its kind in the history of the Great Patriotic War (1941–1945). As usual the parade was followed up by the veterans. This time among them there were five participants of that 1941 parade, namely Evgeniy Anufriev, Vasiliy Lagodin, Ivan Babarykin, Boris Utkin and Pavel Kozlenkov.
This year the audience had a chance to feel that wartime years’ atmosphere to the full by means of a theatrical
The Spasskaya Tower Chimes stroke ten in the morning. Engines of the Soviet military vehicles from the battlefields around Moscow started and troops arranged in a parade way lined up on Red Square featuring students of the military educational institutions dressed in the Great Patriotic War uniform and cadets as well as the Cavalry Escort of the Presidential Regiment of the Service of Moscow’s Kremlin Commandant of the Federal Guard Service of Russia, permanent participant of the Spasskaya Tower Festival. The loudspeaker commanded Get ready — on the left! and the parade unit of the 154th Preobrazhensky Regiment stepped onto the cobblestone of the main square of the country. Together with the national flag of Russia and the flag of Moscow to the sounds of the Holy War marching composition they carried out the genuine copy of the Victory Banner symbolizing the victory of the USSR in the Great Patriotic War.
Soldiers dressed in grey overcoats with Mosin’s rifles in their hands,