Egyptian Military Symphonic Band
Major General Helmi Ahmed Sulaiman Hattab, Head of the Military Band Service of Egypt.
First Lieutenant Samy Mosaad Shehat, Chief Conductor.
The history of the Military Band Service of Egypt goes back to 1838 when the first military wind and drum school was founded. It’s worth noting that at then the majority of professors were French. In 1966 Gamal Abdel Naser, president of Egypt, decorated the Egyptian Military Band Service with the Medal of Republic for their high professional skills.
Being a ceremonial band, the group takes part in various state official events of the highest level. In 1992 to train military musicians the Military Music School of Egypt was founded under the aegis of the service.
The ensemble is a permanent participant of different international music festivals and events. In the 1960s, for the six years in a row the band became prize winner of the International Festival of Military Music in Bari (Italy). The band performed at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo in 1995, at the Berlin International Folk Music Festival (Germany) in 2000 and 2004, and at the International Festival of Military Music in Monchengladbach (Germany) in 2006.
Audiences of the Spasskaya Tower Festival are already familiar with the Egyptian Military Symphonic Band as it took part in the tenth anniversary festival in 2017.